SHAH JAHAN MOSQUE - Pakistan.
Link to Content
The Shah Jahan Mosque or Jami Mosque is located in Thatta, Sindh. It was built during the reign of Mughal emperor Shah Jahan in 1647, as a gift to the people of Sindh for their hospitality. It has been on the tentative UNESCO World Heritage list since 1993.
The mosque is built with red bricks with blue coloured glaze tiles probably imported from the town of Hala, Sindh. It was built keeping acoustics in mind. A person speaking on one end of the dome can be heard from the other end when the speech exceeds 100 decibels. Unlike other Mughal buildings, the building has a negligible amount of pink sandstone. Characteristic of this mosque is that it has no minarets and a single dome over the central prayer hall.